Active Rest Period Macrocycles 1 & 2
- This is a 1-2 week period.
- It is for rest and recuperation.
- The athletes should abstain from any stressful situations, as to allow the body to recover.
- Pick an exercise below and complete 1-2x a week for 20-30 minutes at a low to moderate intensity.
- It should be completed after every level (foundational, functional, and pre-season).
1. Start by placing feet on foot plates and grabbing rowing bar.
2. Explode with your legs and pull with your arms to an extended position.
3. Return to the starting position and repeat according to the program. Try to keep your back somewhat straight throughout movement and just use your legs and arm.